Raise your hand if you’ve resolved to be healthier in 2019?
I’d consider myself a pretty decently healthy person—who’s addicted to sugar and will not apologize for it. I’ve recently, in the last 6 months, gotten used to eating a serving of vegetables a day. May not sounds like a lot, but you gotta start somewhere, right?
I’ve never been a huge fan of vegetables, because ew. I usually struggle with them unless they’re drowning in some sort of sauce (ranch?). I somehow found a way of making them taste amazing and, almost more importantly, ready very quickly. I’ve never been the kind of person who can sit and wait for food to cook for an hour. I thought I’d share my go-to in case anyone was looking for a quick recipe! I’m by no means a recipe expert and you can totally tell because my pictures are very basic, but you get the idea.
Note: You can use ANY vegetables, I’ve just been really into asparagus and sweet potato lately.
- Veggie of choice
- Oil of some kind (I used olive oil)
- Half of a lime
- Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
That’s literally it. I know turmeric seems weird, but its so good mixed with all of the other things.
How I do it:
- Grab a skillet and oil it with a decent amount of whatever oil you chose
- Put your veggie of choice in there and cook it on medium heat
- Flip them after about 5 minutes and add spices( I like mine very brown, so maybe flip them earlier if you don’t)
- Turn heat on low and add juice from the half lime
I added chicken because it goes really well with all the other spices, but you can use whatever you like! I’ve noticed if you don’t have a gas stove, they may take longer to cook, just an fyi. I eat this all the time (ask my roommate) and I love it!