Today I wanted to talk a little bit about my fitness journey/routine. As you all are aware, I am one of those weirdos who workout a lot. This sounds crazy, but I try to do six days a week. I know it’s obnoxious!!!!!!!!!! But I’m not lifting weights doing beach body challenge or whatever the heck that new craze is called.
My body has kind of always been a struggle for me and probably will be for a ll of my life. I started working out one day when I was a sophomore in high school because I decided i wasn’t happy with the way I looked and wanted to change it. By the time I was a senior until I was probably a Sophomore in college, I was limiting my self to only a few specific foods during the week and binging on everything in sight on the weekends. For me, eating the right foods and not eating a crap ton on the weekends has always been a struggle and probably always will be. Working out is usually the easy part be cause it less than an hour a day and barely even think about it anymore. One thing that I can’t stress enough is that the eating part is probably the hardest, but the most important. I can’t say I’ve ever been fat a day in my life but I have definitely struggle with self-image for a very long time (hence the binge eating I struggle with). The level of confidence I have now is only after years of pushing and working on finding a way to be happy with how I look.
Anyway, now that I’ve bared my soul, here’s what a regular workout week looks like for me:
- This is the start of the week, so I always like to make this the hardest day to sort of get it out of the way.
- I do either an Insanity video or this 45 minute Tabata
- I try to keep this simple and get it over with quick, because being real this is me dreading it, which is why I only choose between the two of them.
- This workout is full-body and I probably burn about 300 calories give or take
- I try to squeeze in a quick run every other day. I LOATHE running while I’m doing it because I feel like it always lasts forever and I’m really just not the best at it.
- I do a mile of running straight and then a little 5 minute walk afterward (mostly to get back to my apartment). It takes about 15 minutes.
- Next, I go home and pick an ab workout of some kind. Sometimes it’s Insanity Cardio abs, sometimes its this video that I love.
- I try to keep this one a little more chill not too crazy wild after my Monday craziness.
- The ab workout is usually at least 15 minutes, this means I do 30 in total.
- I try to burn about 200 calories in total as well.
- This is my arm day. I try to do both toning and weight lifting with a little cardio thrown in. I do a bit of PITT for 15 minutes focused on arms. PITT, for those who don’t know, is like HITT, but with pilates thrown in. It’s sort of how I warm up and bast out some calories quickly. I like this video and this video for that.
- Next I try to pick something more for just toning and is kinda low-key. Usually this focuses more on push-ups and arm circles and its not very cardio-centric. This is also about 15 minutes. My favorite videos for this are this and this and they hurt like heck.
- Finally, I have a set of 10 pound weights and I focus on utilizing those for another 15 minutes. I do 12 for each exercise and try to squeeze in three sets.
- Overall, this is another 45 minute workout day so I’m hoping to burn over 200 calories and closer to 300.
- This is another running day so I basically do the same thing as Tuesday
- This is dreaded leg day. I keep the same basic routine as Wednesday, but focused on legs.
- For my 15 minutes of cardio I like this video and this video.
- I then do a toning workout and I like this video and this video.
- Also the other day I did this video for a crazy challenge and its amazingly hard.
- Then I use my weights for 15 minutes doing squats and lunges etc.
- This day is kind of a free for all. Some days I run if i’m feeling it, or I just do a quick 15 minute video or 20 minute video. Basically I just hope for the best and try to do something and move my body when my brain just wants to do absolutely nothing.
- This is mostly a do nothing day and by that I mean walking and yoga. I hate yoga because its slow and sometimes it hurts like a bitch. BUT its been proven to be good for you so I gotta do it. I can only stand 15 minutes of it so this video is my fave (cause it kinda feels good I’ll admit).