“Ain’t no money in the cure, the money’s in the medicine…that’s how a drug dealer makes his money, on the comeback.” -Chris Rock
I decided to watch something ~informative~ this past week (mostly because I finished a show and didn’t wanna start a new one) and thought this would be a good one just so that I could be more aware of what I eat and how it effects me. What I was unprepared for, however, was for it to scare me off meat, cheese and EGGS! YES, EGGS- the thing I eat literally all the time!! Here’s a few things it claimed (backed by some doctors and video evidence) that scared the literal crap out of me and made me seriously think about becoming a vegan:
- Eggs are not actually healthy because chickens are so tightly packed in cages that they are sometimes chilling next to their dead chicken friends (therefore the eggs that come out of them are contaminated with the grossness)
- Meat is not the only way to get a lot of protein (this might be a “duh” but I didn’t know that honestly).
- Huge “health” charities and informational places like the American Heart Association and Susan G. Komen get funding from meat and dairy providers in order to promote the shit (like putting their promotional material on yogurt) that causes the diseases they are trying to prevent like heart disease and cancer.
- Also fish ain’t healthy either cause they eat all the #trash we put in the ocean and then we eat their plastic ingested bodies
- Milk is not made for humans to drink therefore it is stupid for us to be drinking it (kinda already knew this from another source but there ya go)
- Gorillas don’t eat meat????? and they’re buff af. Also their teeth are shaped exactly like ours so we’re made to be plant eaters (our canines are too small to rip through meat unlike dogs and cats)
- This awful pig farm in North Carolina (or South Carolina literally can never remember which one they’re the same) sprays their grass with pig poop right next to peoples homes and then literally feeds their pigs with it (their own poop)
- This alleged farm is also the cause of many people’s health problems? Considering the amount of poop they just fling into the air, not shocking.
- Dead pigs just sitting in a giant bucket full of other dead pigs?????? in the sun???
- Pigs with pus coming out of their BODIES. LIKE A CONCERNING AMOUNT (the worst thing I saw honestly)
So basically I am shook. Not surprised, but shook. What it boils down to is people get paid to say things that aren’t true and pretend that they are, which is something we are all very familiar with as Americans. Before you throw out all of your meat or throw some shade at vegans for being so gullible, DO SOME RESEARCH. Yeah these dudes that made the film can basically claim all of this stuff to be true, but they could be lying as well. THINK about what you put in your body and how it affects your health. If they make a claim as outlandish as saying eating packaged meats are as bad as cigarettes, look some crap up, see if there’s some truth to it. You really think that slimey ass meat is really that healthy? One thing that really stood out to me was when he said the food industry is always trying to confuse people. Think about how many times they go back and forth about if red wine is healthy for you, or if coffee is healthy or if bread is like crack or whatever. All the time. If you’re unsure about what’s really healthy, then you stop paying attention, which is exactly what I did. Basically the health industry makes money off of treating these diseases, so why would they want to prevent them in the first place?
Considering I barely eat carbs, being vegan would make my diet extremely limited and kinda boring
cheese and chicken nuggets are life. I have always rolled my eyes at people who were like “oh I crave nuts and berries and granola cause I’m just so healthy” and I am not that type of person. After watching this, I can’t really think of a good reason to keep eating some of this stuff other than, I like it and it tastes good. I’m not gonna lie and say I’m not selfish, but i’ve always been someone who thinks about the impact I have on the world around me. If eating less meat (notice I said less, but tbh cutting out pig meat altogether cause of that pus thing) helps out the environment in a small way and can improve my overall health? It’s definitely something worth looking into, or maybe I’m just gullible.